Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Expired question
Question about English to Welsh translation

Hello,

I'm an American who's just returned from living in Wales. My fiance lives there, and I've developed a lot of love for the language and the country (country? I know it's in the U.K. but you guys get what I mean I'm sure), which I think are beautiful.

I love tattoos, and I've been thinking of getting something for my fiance/Wales. I was wanting to get "Home is where the heart is" in Welsh tattooed, but obviously I wanted to make sure I had the correct translation before getting anything done.

This is how I translated it: "Yw cartref lle mae'r galon yn." Is the grammatically correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially specific help (e.g. if I'm wrong, what's wrong with it). Thanks!

For learning: Welsh

Answers

No answers yet.