Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Reflexné slovesá?

Len som začala učiť sa slovenský jazyk, preto viem, že budem vedieť viac o jazyka a gramatiky potom. Ale mám otázku.

Ako časovať slovenské reflexné slovesá? ‚Volá sa…‘ je správne, alebo ‚sa volá…‘? Alebo táto pocit? Ja obaja vidím v mojich hodinách.

Ďakujem :)

(PS: Not sure how much sense I made here! I would like to know when is 'volá sa...' correct as opposed to 'sa volá...'. I see both in my lessons, and for now I think this would make more sense when I have a better feel for the language.)

For learning: Slovak
Base language: Slovak

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hi Alisa,

I'll try to explain it from what I do know...

The reflexive (3. alebo 4. pád) in Slovak comes "as second as possible" in a sentence. So you'd never begin a sentence with "sa/si", but depending on the other words, the reflexive can be shuffled forward, before the verb. I'm still trying to get my head around it (especially when I use compound sentences and adverbs of time), but that seems to be the general idea.

in my opinion you can use both :) when you say "Volá sa Alice" you must take name after "sa", and where you say "Ona sa volá Alice" you must take there good pronoun.. but i think for you is better "Volá sa" :)