got a problem

I got a problem with biblical hebrew. I have to translate this sentence: נקבצו כל מלכי האמרי ישבי ההל
can someone help me? Particulary I don't understand the last part,  " ישבי ההל "
I'd be grateful if someone will translate the complete sentence.

For learning: Hebrew

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    You have a typo. it's not יושבי ההל, it's יושבי ההר.
    The sentence means: "The kings of the emory, that dwell in the mountain, have gathered"
    Emory is an ancient nation.

u mean "ישבי ההר" ppl who live in the nountains

Here is an Hebrew-English Bible, side by side, that might help you in the future:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm
    (the English search is good. For Hebrew search you'le need to go to their Hebrew only page)

Here's their translation (Joshua 10):
    נִקְבְּצוּ אֵלֵינוּ, כָּל-מַלְכֵי הָאֱמֹרִי יֹשְׁבֵי הָהָר.
    All the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the hill-country are gathered together against us

and in context:

ו וַיִּשְׁלְחוּ אַנְשֵׁי גִבְעוֹן אֶל-יְהוֹשֻׁעַ אֶל-הַמַּחֲנֶה הַגִּלְגָּלָה לֵאמֹר, אַל-תֶּרֶף יָדֶיךָ מֵעֲבָדֶיךָ: עֲלֵה אֵלֵינוּ מְהֵרָה, וְהוֹשִׁיעָה לָּנוּ וְעָזְרֵנוּ--כִּי נִקְבְּצוּ אֵלֵינוּ, כָּל-מַלְכֵי הָאֱמֹרִי יֹשְׁבֵי הָהָר. 6

And the men of Gibeon sent unto Joshua to the camp to Gilgal, saying: 'Slack not thy hands from thy servants; come up to us quickly, and save us, and help us; for all the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the hill-country are gathered together against us.'

Hope it helps,
    Amir