Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

"moneda", "dinero", "plata"

What are the differences among "moneda", "dinero", and "plata"?

For learning: Spanish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    All the three words kinda means the same thing, but I guess most of the time "moneda" means a coin.
    Example: ¿Me das una moneda? = Can you hand me me a coin?

"dinero" is the proper way to say "money" (and the most common way from my point of view)
    Example: ¿Trajiste dinero? = Did you bring money with you?

I'm from Mexico and here "plata" is a casual way to refer to money (because the literal meaning of plata is silver)
    Example: Lo siento, no tengo nada de plata = I'm sorry, I don't have any money

hope this helps ^^

como tecnisismo es igual y depende del contexto.

the word plata is using in the south of America for example in Perú,Colombia,Chile.
    Say "plata" is like say cash, is a regional technicality, you can say hey " dame mi dinero" and mean the same thing "dame mi plata" I hope this helpfully =)

moneda = coins
    dinero = money
    plata = silver