The Definite Article ال

"When the ل in ال is followed by one of the moon letters, it automatically takes a sukoon and it is pronounced. However, when the ل in ال is followed by one of the sun letters, it becomes silent and it's not pronounced, also a shadda must be written on the sun letter."
My problem is about memorizing these letters. I always connect incorrectly when reading ال with the sun and moon letters. Is there an easy way to know them or do I have to just memorize them?

For learning: Arabic

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Yes, you have to memorize them individually. The best way would be to listen to beginner audio lessons that demonstrate the difference in sound. *The only issue is that you won't have the option of having a teacher correct you. And as far as ITalki goes, you could always try to read simple sentences aloud and record them as you say them, and then someone can correct you so that you're aware of which letters give you the most trouble. Bol şans!

Moon letter أ ب ج ح خ ع غ ف ق ك م هـ و ي

Sun letters ت ث د ذ ر ز س ش ص ض ط ظ ل ن