what is the truth about the dead of nabi muhammad?

how and why he died, and where ?

For learning: Arabic

Answers

from sunni perspective the prophet pbuh died normally ,, he had strong sickness before dying ,, some sunni narrations trying to relate his death pbuh to an occasion happened several years before which makes it impossible (( a jew woman tried to poison the prophet pbuh by cooking meat of sheap and poison it and give it to prophet pbuh and his friends to eat ,,, then the cooked arm talked to the prophet pbuh when he touched it ,and told him its poisoned mm the prophet pbuh asked the woman why did she do this ,, she answered she did that to know if he was not a prophet then he die , and if he was a prophet then they make sure ,,, anyway the prophet pbuh lived after this occasion by many years and his friends too who was on the same table was alive so its impossible

according to shia the prophet pbuh was killed and poisoned but not through the sheap ,,, as its narrated too that imam hassan the grandson of prophet muhammad pbuh told he is going to die by poison like his grandfather prophet muhammad peace be upon them ,,wife of imam hassan pbuh is the one who poisoned him as the enemy moawya promised her to marry from his son then he just gave her money saying you killed the son of prophet pbuh how can i feel safe on my son with you !! ,,, so some narration saying that when the prophet pbuh was dying ,, his wives ((aisha > her father is the 1st one ruled muslims after prophet pbuh talking the place of the true successor imam ali pbuh and hafsa>> daughter if the 2nd ruler )) ,,, so the 2 wives and some others tried to give the prophet something when he fall unconscious many times , its some sort of medicine given to one who is sick from some disease but the prophet ordered them when he was awake dont give me this drink ,then as he fall unconscious they gave him this drink in his mouth then when he become awake he told them i told you not to give me this ,,, so there is a strong possibility that the prophet muhammad pbuh was poisoned through his wives

Allah says in Quran

Muhammad (SAW) is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allâh, and Allâh will give reward to those who are grateful. (144)
    sura 3

He was sick,,, he died because he is a human being and all humans will die, no one in universe is immortal. , even prophets.
    He died and buried in Maddinah in Saudi Arabia.

As said sister Lolo , he is a human that dies a normal death like all humans , only ALLAH that is immortal .

It was narrated that the Messenger(pbuh) of Allah said: “May Allah curse the Jews and the Christians, for they have taken the graves of their Prophets as places of worship.” (Saheeh, agreed upon. Al-Bukhaari, al-Janaa’iz, 1330; Muslim, al-Masaajid, 529).

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) that Umm Salamah or Umm Habeebah told the Messenger(pbuh) of Allah about a church that they had seen in Abyssinia (Ethiopia) and the images that were inside it. He (pbuh) said: “Those are people who, when a righteous slave or a righteous man among them died, they would build a place of worship over his grave and put those images in it. They are the most evil of creation before Allah.” (Agreed upon; al-Bukhaari, al-Salaah, 434; Muslim, al-Masaajid, 528).

Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Bajali said: “I heard the Messenger (pbuh) of Allah say, ‘Allah has taken me as a close friend (khaleel) as He took Ibrahim as a close friend. If I were to take anyone among my Ummah as a close friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a close friend. Those who came before you took the graves of their Prophets and righteous people as places of worship. Do not take graves as places of worship, for I forbid you to do that.” (Muslim, al-Janaa’iz, 970).

Muslim also narrated that Jaabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger(pbuh) of Allah forbade plastering over graves, sitting on them, and building over them.” (Muslim, al-Janaa’iz, 970).

These Hadith and others all indicate that it is Haram to build mosques over graves, and that those who do that are cursed. They also indicate that it is Haram to build over graves, to erect domes over them or to plaster over them, because these actions lead to shirk involving the graves and worshiping their occupants instead of Allah, as happened in ancient times and is still happening today.

The Prophet Muhammad ( pbuh) and his two companions [Abu Bakr and ‘Umar] (May Allah be pleased with them) WERE NOT BURIED IN THE MOSQUE, rather they were buried in the house of ‘Aa’ishah, but when the mosque was expanded during the time of Al-Waleed ibn ‘Abd al-Malik, the ROOM WAS INCORPORATED INTO THE MOSQUE, at the end of the first century AH.

His action does not come under the ruling of burial in the mosque, because the Messenger (pbuh) and his two companions were not moved to the land of the mosque, rather the room in which they are buried was incorporated into the mosque because of the expansion. No one can use this as evidence that it is permissible to build structures over graves or to take graves as places of worship, or to bury people inside mosques.

about his death The Prophet and Apostle of Al-Mighty God Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah Sallallahhu'alaihi Wassalam die at the age of 63 years because of fever at his house in Medina (House with Saiyadatina Ummirul Mukminin Aishah binti Saidina Abu Bakar Al-Siddiq Radiallahhuanhu in the year 632 A.D.
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was affected by the poisoned mutton that he ate in Khaybar.
    ______________________________________…

Some relevant Ahadith on the subject:

The Prophet (pbuh) forgave the Jewess who actually poisoned the sheep:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 003, Book 047, Hadith Number 786.
    --------------------------------------…
    Narated By Anas bin Malik : A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle.

A more general description of the event:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 004, Book 053, Hadith Number 394.
    --------------------------------------…
    Narated By Abu Huraira : When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophets as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me." The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?'' They said, "Yes.' The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?" They replied, "So-and-so." He said, "You have told a ie; your father is so-and-so." They said, "You are right." He siad, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?" They replied, "Yes, O AbuAl-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father." On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us." The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it.'' Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?" They said, "Yes, O Ab Li-AI-Qasim." He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?" They said, "Yes." He asked, "What made you do so?" They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

And also:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 713.
    --------------------------------------…
    Narated By Ibn Abbas : 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to let Ibn Abbas sit beside him, so 'AbdurRahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "We have sons similar to him." 'Umar replied, "(I respect him) because of his status that you know." 'Umar then asked Ibn 'Abbas about the meaning of this Holy Verse: "When comes the help of Allah and the conquest of Mecca..." (110.1)

continue ..

Ibn 'Abbas replied, "That indicated the death of Allah's Apostle which Allah informed him of." 'Umar said, "I do not understand of it except what you understand."

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."
    ______________________________________…

He was died at age 63.Prophet(pbuh) died while laying his head on the bosom of A'isha(r.a). As soon as the Prophet's death was announced, a crowd of people gathered at the door of the house of A'isha(r.a), exclaiming: "How can our messenger be dead?" Umar(r.a) said:

"No, he is not dead; he will be restored to us, and those are traitors to the cause of Islam who say he is dead. If they say so let them be cut in pieces."

But Abu Bakr(r.a) entered the house at this moment, and after he had touched the body of the Prophet(pbuh) with a demonstration of profound affection, he appear at the door and addressed the crowd with the following speech:

"O Muslims, if anyone of you has been worshiping Muhammad, then let me tell you that Muhammad is dead. But if you really do worship Allaah then know that Allaah is living and will never die. Do you forget the verse in the Qur'aan: Muhammad is not more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn your back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful." (Ch 3:144 Qur'aan).

Upon hearing this speech of Abu Bakr(r.a), 'Umar(r.a) acknowledged his error, and the crowd was satisfied and dispersed.
    ____________________________________

1). Due to an illness caused by the poison !
    2). He died in Aa'isha`s(r.a) house while laying his head on the bosom of Aa'isha(r.a).
    3).He died at age 63.

the prophet died of sickness in old age. and in the last three days the disease has intensified.. it wasn't because of the poison .. because Allah saved him in that time .

and i just want to say that The Quran is the complete and final revelation from the Almighty Creator, which was interpreted through "the actions and saying " of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

as a muslim i believe in authentic hadiths .