The use of 'que'.

Is 'que' always between two verbs?

E.g. - Me gusta que leer

For learning: Spanish
Base language: Spanish

Answers

Me gusta que leer doesnt exist.

Uses of que:

1) As a question
    ¿Qué? =What? ::::: for example : ¨What do you want? = ¿Qué quieres?

2) As a word very commonly used but without specific meaning.

That girl is beautiful = Esa chica es hermosa ... but with QUE you can express this feeling in other way by saying = Que hermosa esa chica ! (Notice that this que do not use (Acento)=(´)¨ like the first QUÉ because this secong QUE is to express emotions yo can say : Que increible es este lugar = this place is awesome (Notice that QUE does not have an specific meaning it just enphasizes the idea)

Between two verbs in this context (before a verb in its infinitive form, "leer"), "que" wouldn't be used. "I like to read" would simply be "me gusta leer". Think of the English "to" that precedes a verb as already inherent in the infinitive form of a Spanish verb.

There is, however, the phrase "tengo que" (tú tienes que, él/ella tiene que, etc), which is followed by an infinitive. The phrase means "I have to" (lit. "I have that"). An example would be, "Tengo que irme (I have to go/leave)."

Between two conjugated verbs, "que" is used pretty often (carrying virtually the same meaning as "that" in English). For example: "Me gusta que lees (I like that you read)".

"Que" is also used a lot in tandem with the subjunctive tense of a verb. Examples of this could be phrases such as "que tengas una buena noche ([that you/may you] have a good night)", or "quiero que hables conmigo (I want you to talk to/with me)".

Hope this helps a bit!