Do you support whaling in Japan? Why?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    No! Like many other Australians, I am totally against whaling. it is obvious that the countries keenest to do "whale research" are the countries where whale meat is part of their traditional diet. Japan makes full use of IWC's requirement that nothing goes to waste after the research is done and sends all whale meat to shops and markets. This leaves me to question whether Japan's real purpose is meat or research? I am sure that some of the data they are finding be obtained by non-lethal means. Is all of their data so necessary that it is worth so many whales being slaughtered in such a barbaric way?

Have a look at this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/14/dolphin-slaughter-hunting-japan-taiji