Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

How do you go about learning languages? What are some start up tips, and how do you start?

For learning: German

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I usually start by purchasing a book with the most basic grammar rules and one with the basic vocabulary ( Usually about 2000-5000 words) Then I learn, let's say 10 words a day and 1 grammatical rule. I go on like this for 4 days and then I repeat what I learnt. And so on. Furthermore I start listening to the respective music and radio in order to get used to the sound and melody of the language. As I progress I start talking to natives... but really, some basic grammar and vocabulary should be learned at first!