Meta-correct me! How to express myself less formally?

Answering a question by a Hebrew learner, I typed a nice block of text, but then I found it to be, well, too... essay-y?
I learned English from books and essays, and had very little opportunity to engage in casual conversations.
Therefore I'll paste this text here and ask two questions:

1. How would you transcribe it to "Everyday English"?
2. Whereforth do me fail in grammar? (because I must have made a mistake somewhere).

oh, the text:
"I wouldn't recommend tackling biblical texts until having achieved at least some proficiency with modern hebrew.
the bible was written during the course of centuries and therefore employs varied structures and dialects - even the most recent of which fell out of use millenia ago. learning those may instill habits which are outright wrong in modern hebrew context.
i mean, you wouldn't encourage a fresh english student to start with beowulf. right?"

Answers

Didn't found any grammar issues, except for the lack of commas and caps.

If you want it in a simplified version:

"I wouldn't recommend you studying biblical texts until you have achieved some proficiency in modern Hebrew.

The Bible was written during the course of centuries, so employs a wide variety of structures and dialects, even some of them have fallen in disuse. Learning those may cause as a result wrong language habits in a modern Hebrew context.

I mean, you wouldn't encourage a fresh english student to start with Beowulf, right?"

You need to use punctuation in correct places.