Thank you.

(A) ..yet I can't help feeling down thinking I won't be able to see him for a cup of coffee any time soon

(B) ..yet I can't help feeling deep down that I won't be able to see him for a cup of coffee any time soon

Hi, I wrote A originally, but I can't seem to get what B means.
Does A make absolutely no sense? I meant "feeling down" by feeling "depressed" "low" "gloomy".

Can you tell me how I can put A correctly, please?
And... What does B mean?
Thank you so much.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    In (A), you say "feeling down" to express a sad emotion, but in (B) "feeling deep down" means to have an intuitive knowledge that something will happen without physical evidence that thing will happen. I've usually heard it said as "deep down inside".

So, (A) means that you are sad when you think about not seeing him for a long time, and (B) means simply that you know you won't be able to see him for quite a while.

A) ..Yet I can't help feeling down, thinking THAT I won't be able to see him for a cup of coffee, any time soon

(B) ..Yet, I can't help feeling deep down, that I won't be able to see him for a cup of coffee any time soon

Both mean the same thing and can be rewritten> Yet, I can't help feeling deep down, that I won't be able to see him for quite a while or have a cup of coffee with him.