What's the difference between "Etreme adjectives" and "Degree adjectives"?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hello Maria:

I am not entirely sure if I understand the question about Extreme Adjectives, or Degree Adjectives; but I think it may Mean something like the distinction between absolute opposits (the Extremes) and the Degrees or variations of either extreme. In philosophy, this Degree is referred to as a MEAN VALUE.

So, an example of the Extremes would be Black & White. Gray would be a Degree adjective.

Male / Female would be extremes, and Androgyne would be a Degree or Mean Value between the extremes.

Hot and Cold would be Extreme, and Warm or Cool would be a degree.

.

.

We could also think on the Superlatives and their scale of values, as in

Good---------Better------Best. I think that can give you some idea of the concept.

I hope this is an accurate answer. I don't know everything you see, but I try.---Warm Regards, Bruce

.