When you read a book silently in the second language, do you still read it with your accent ?

I have been listening to American radio everyday for my study,
but when I read an English book silently, even in my mind, I still pronounce each words with my Japanese accent.
I think I should fix it first if I want to speak like native speakers. (although my English skill is not so high yet.)

I would like to know if it is natural thing or not.

When you read a book silently in the second language, do you pronounce each words with your accent in your mind ?

Or do you pronounce each words like native speakers in your mind?

Answers

Speaking out is more important, Spring.

Jack has a good point. The pursuit of perfection can stifle actual progress. People who can monitor themselves in language learning are on the verge of making real headway. As students of a foreign language, we should realize that the ability to speak like a native is not a realistic goal in the near term.

Pronouncing the words or speak the sentences in your mind is totally different when speaking out. Even then, your ears cannot hear properly. It will sound differently as perceived by others. This is due to our physiology. This is why we are all surprised or sometimes in disbelief that we speak so differently when hearing our voice be played back on a recording machine.

If you believe you speak with an accent in your mind, then it will be accented. If you don't, it won't.

Accent is not important. It is how you are being perceived how confidently you speak to others.