What's the meaning of "as full of time as my body would allow"?

I heard myself say, “Twenty-one.” And now, as I remember it, I can feel how young I was. I can feel my body before it was scarred. I can reach to my cheek and for a moment remember how the skin was unblemished, then torn, and then healed below my eye like a wadi in miniature. “Twenty-one,” I’d said, and I was as full of time as my body would allow. But looking back from where I am, almost thirty, old enough, I can see myself for what I was. Barely a man. Not a man. Life was in me, but it splashed as if at the bottom of a nearly empty bowl.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    It means he was in his physical prime. He was as much of a man as he would ever be. Notice though he continues on and opines that, since he is now older and wiser, he realizes he was barely a man.

He is talking about how much time left to live he had. Metaphonrically speaking, he means his younger self had not assumed the aging nature of men.