Please Help Me to Clarify This! I Am Confused, compeletely :O

"IT is worth noting that the operating speed of digital signal processing algorithms is very important, because they operate in real time."

what does this sentence mean?
for me it seems that " it is worth nothing" and " is very important" are opposite of each other,here! I mean if it is not worth then why did it say that it is very important! I am completely confused by this! could you please clarify "it is worth nothing refers to what?"

and I also wonder if "they" refers to algorithms,or not and then I also wonder from what this sentence has told , if we can consider that this fact "that they operate in "real time" as disadvantage ! I mean if this sentence says that operating in real time is not valuable !

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Noting means to make note of, or take into consideration. It has quite a different meaning than nothing. The word they does refer to algorithms here. Operating in real time is an advantage, but there are disadvantages. When you click a link to navigate to a new web page, the information is sent digitally. If some of the information packets are missing (or corrupted), your computer resends the request and the entire page is sent again. It's like ordering a book (hard copy) and finding two pages in the middle of the book are missing. The distributor will just send a replacement book. for a web page, the only thing you notice is that the page loads in three seconds instead of one second. It's not a big deal. Some traffic - especially voice traffic - operates in real time. The information is sent digitally, but if packets are missing it can't be recovered. That's why VOIP often has poor sound quality.

"It is worth noting[ useful to note/see] that the operating speed of digital signal processing algorithms is very important, because they [ algorithms] operate in real time."

Here " IT " at the beginning means = Information Technology = فناوری اطلاعات
    then if you check the meaning of " WORTH " in an English to English dictionary it means :
    1.To have a value in money
    2.To have money or possession that have value
    3.Used to say that sth is interesting , useful or helpgul

OOPT

it is worth noting = worthy of mentioning/ "let me emphasise something to you"

operating speed = how quickly can it work/perform its tasks

digital signal processing algorithms = mathematics doing some sort of work with digital information

real time= not faster than or slower than. At the same speed as the operation needs to be performed.

If a commentator is talking about a football match, and his comments come to me, on the radio or tv, in real time, it means he just said those comments wherever he was.

If it wasn't real time, there may be perhaps a 1 minute delay.
    So if he's in Manchester and I'm in Newcastle, he may say "what a great player!" at 5.00pm in Manchester, and I'd hear it at 5.01pm in Newcastle.

If his comments are real time, both Manchester and Newcastle will hear the comment at 5.00pm.

The meaning of this sentence is, "It's an impressive achievement, for the algorithms (maths) to be able to do their work in real time" (and their work is related to digital signal processing).