Site Feedback

Undecided questions
What are the synonyms of the pharse "do a link-arm-drink thing"?

Is this phrase often used?

For learning: English
Base language: English
Category: Language


1 comment

    Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.



    Sort by:


    There isn't a specific term for this custom in English so you have to describe it instead, like "drinking with linked arms."

    For example, you could say: They drank with linked arms.


    'locked' is also used instead of linked.."They locked arms and drank together."


    I'm also mystified. The closest thing I can think of is when a newly-married couple are holding a glass of champagne each, and they link their drinking arms and then drink that way.

    Like this:

    We don't really have a common phrase for it.

    Submit your answer

    Please enter between 2 and 2000 characters.

    If you copy this answer from another italki answer page, please state the URL of where you got your answer from.