Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Ekşi Sözlük

How reliable is Ekşi Sözlük? For example, I'm sure it's a fun site (I can't really understand it) but Urban DIctionary likes to f*ck with its readers.
eg. Table
A place to have sex.

You know what I mean... should I bother using Ekşi Sözlük? :)

For learning: Turkish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Stay away from eksisozluk if you plan to use it for learning an explanation. Dont get me wrong. I like eksisozluk and I use it in daily basis however i do so, in order to read some funny comments on daily events.
    It s a funny website with funny explanations.
    I recommend www.zargan.com, as a helpful dictionary.

I am not very familiar with Urban Dictionary but i guess Ekşi Sözlük's format is very similar to that. But it is not always about having fun, sometimes you can find a very valuable and detailed information on a very spesific topic on ekşi sözlük. I beleive that ekşi sözlük would be very useful on learning turkish.

By the way I am here to develop my english, please let me know if I did any gramatical mistake :)