I still don´t understand the differences between -는 것, -기 and -고.

As I understand it -고 is used to link verbs that speaks about the same subject. I've tried to look for more explanations on -는 것 and -기 but haven't found anything. If someone could be so kind to explain when each is used with examples, I will be really grateful.

Ps. I've been trying to understand the last two but it all translates into an -ing form (which doesn't help at all when in Spanish there's also different constructions).

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Here are some examples of -고, -는 것 or -기.
    But I am not sure if you want this information but I'll try.

공부하고 노래 부르기는 좀 다르다.
    Studying isn't quite different from singing a song
    공부도 하고 노래도 부른다.
    (I/You/We/She/He/They is/are studying and singing a song.

친구와 놀러 가는 것은 즐거운 일이다.
    It's very pleasing to hang out with friends.
    다른 사람의 생각을 이해하는 것은 힘든 일이다.
    It would be hard to understand other people's thought.

집에 가기 쉽지 않군.
    It will not be easy to go home.

well, here is how I understand it - though it might be wrong and hopefully get corrected by native Koreans..
    generally, both Vst+는 것 and Vst+기 are nominalizers (meaning that both action and description verbs are converted to and used as nouns), but the devil is in the details..
    As far as I understand, Vst + 는 것 refers to the abstract action (Getting up in the morning is a challenging task. For me reading is easier than listening), while Vst + 기 refers to the specific action performed or to be performed by someone or something (Getting up this morning was especially hard for me...)

Um, ok..that doesn't explain much the difference between 음악 듣기를 좋아해요 and 음악 듣는 것을 좋아해요.. or it does? ..does it? ㅋㅋ

말하기보다 읽기가 쉬워요
    말하는것보다 읽는것이 쉬워요

Aaaaaah, now I'm also confused.. heeeeeelp me! ㅜㅜ

Oh, besides, Vst+기 is used in some grammar forms like Vst+기 전에 (before doing smth)