When should I use these determiners?

I am unsure about the correct usage of the following:
1. Ye- like ye ketab
2. i (the suffix)- Like ketabi
3. Ro/ ra- like ketabo/ ketab ro/ ketab ra... I know this one has a lot to do with marking direct objects, but is that always the case?

I called these three things determiners because I think they help the listener to "determine" whether they are familiar with the subject that is attached. I'm just not sure of the correct usage of them.

So when is it appropriate for me to use these things and when is it not appropriate?

After giving explanations could you please provide me with a few examples?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

For learning: Persian (Farsi)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    1. "Ye'' is only used in speaking when you want to talk about one thing or person or animal, etc., for example: I bought a book yesterday. دیروز یه کتاب خریدم
    It is't used in writing.
    2.''i'' is used in writing. It's not usual in speaking. It shows you talk about one thing or person or animal, etc., for example: I bought a book yesterday.دیروز کتابی خریدم
    3. ''ro'' and ''ra'' are same. The first one is only used in speaking but the second one is only used in writing. They are used when the verb needs object, for example:
    speaking: Give the book. کتاب رو/ کتابو بده
    writing: She returned the book to library. او کتاب را به کتابخانه بازگرداند