Spanish grammar questions

1. Eva Ayllón, conocida como 《la voz de oro de Perú》...
What is the grammar usage of "conocida" here? Can it be seen as passive (pasivo)?
How can I explain the grammar here in simple Spanish?

2. ... se destaca con su versión del festejo, 《Raíces negras》.
What is the grammar usage of "se destaca" here? I looked up in the dictionary, the verb is "destacar" instead of "destacarse", why is "se" placed here? Again, how can I explain the grammar here in simple Spanish?

Thank you very much for your answering : )

For learning: Spanish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    => Yes it is passive, it is like: Eva Ayllon, who is known as 《la voz de oro de Perú》

What is the grammar usage of "se destaca" here?
    => "se destaca" is passive too, "destaca" means over all she is very known for playing and singing Festejo (Festejo is a kind of peruvian music)

Good luck!

Hi, Amelia!
    In the first case there is an ellipsis; may be it is easier for you to understand it if I give you the whole phrase as it should be: "Eva Ayllón, (quien es) conocida como...". In English it would be: "Eva Ayllon, -who is- known as..."
    In the second case, that "destacarse" is used when for the important characteristic of a person, thing, place, etc... so you say that person, things, place or whatever it is "se destaca por" (or is more known for...) that characteristic. There, she is know for her (what is it? a book, a film? I don't know) "Raíces negras".
    I hope I helped you; ask again if you need! :)