In China when you are going to the Dentist which one do you more commonly say?

1.今天我去牙科手术。
2.今天我去牙科诊所。
3.今天我去看牙医。

Or maybe you don't say any of those! o(^-^)o

Base language: Chinese (Mandarin)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I think I would say any of those, they all make prefect sense to me. However they mean the different thing, so you might hear them in different contexts.

1.今天我去牙科手术。which implies that you will be there to have an operation.
    2.今天我去牙科诊所。which implies that you will be there (for what?), we have no idea. (to see the dentist? To meet someone? Or to deliver something? We don't know.)
    3.今天我去看牙医。which implies that you are going to see a doctor.

Here is what you might hear people say, at least it's what I think I would say.

今天我(要)去看牙。

3*is. the best.but if you say 1or2people can understand you too.

I agree with zoe. The 3rd option should be approciate.
    For the first one, if the listener doesn't familiar with you, he/she would suppose that you are a dentist, you should do a dental operation today.
    For the second one, the listener couldn't be clear what's your purpose of going there, maybe you just wanna buy some medicine, don't you?

well, i would say, 我今天要去医院看牙 or normally 今天我要去补牙/拔牙(i usually use this one)补牙means fill a tooth,拔牙means pull out a tooth

在中国,我们倾向于说,“今天我去医院看牙。”大多数中国人没有固定的牙科医生,所以说“看牙”比“看牙医”更常用。

今天我去医院看牙。

今天我(要)去看牙。