Is this sentence right?"As soon as he had got into the car, I said good morning to him."

I think it should be " As soon as he got into the car, I said good morning to him." Can you tell the difference?

Base language: Chinese (Mandarin)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Your version is correct. There is no need for past perfect here - the actions are simultanious

I totally agree with Andriy - your version is the correct one. The original one doesn't make much sense!

OOPT

Both answers are right: "As soon as he got into the car, I said good morning to him" is correct and is more commonly used . In order to say "As soon as he had got into the car, I said good morning to him", you would need to change it a little bit to "As soon as he had gotten into the car, I said good morning to him."

More open questions for learning Chinese (Mandarin)