Where does 'sino-' come from?

I often read some article about "Sino-number or Sino-" in questions and answers. I am a native Korean, definitely, I was born in Korea and I use Korean language. I think I know Hangul very well but, I have no idea what the sino means where it comes from. I have never heard of it before, so I googled and I found some explanation in Wiki pedia, but there is no explanation about its origin. Sino sounds like some 'Japanese related word', but I am not quite sure. Does anybody know where it come from and what does exactly mean?

For learning: French
Base language: Korean

Answers

OOPT

The prefix Sino- comes from the Latin "Sinae" and it means "China." Sino-Korean words and numbers are a part of the Korean language but their origin is Chinese.