help! I can't understand the"given that".

hey I have a question. could you help me? Here it is.
"Anne has kept me going through some of the hardest times,which hasn't always been easy,given that I'm sometimes an actor wrapped up in his ego."
I can't understand the"given that".

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    "Given that" I believe is the present perfect form. It means, in this sentence, that he is an actor wrapped in his ego and everyone knows that.

2 different words you could use are: "because" or "have prior knowledge that".

A way to say the sentence differently would be: "Anna had kept me going through some of the hardest times, which hasn't been easy, because I'm sometimes an actor wrapped in his ego."

"Anna had kept me going through some of the hardest times, which hasn't been easy, even having prior knowledge that I'm sometimes an actor wrapped in his ego."

Hope this helps^^

understanding that ...
    understanding the following things ...
    when the following is true.....

.... it hasn't always been easy because I'm sometimes an ....
    .
    A: You want to buy a car? Well I think that's a good idea, given that you've been late to work every day this week.
    It means there's a conditional situation.

The example sentence:
    “Anne has kept me going through some of the hardest times, which hasn't always been easy, given that I'm sometimes an actor wrapped up in his ego.”

WHY hasn't it been easy for Anne to support him?
    BECAUSE he can be egotistical & self-centered.

My own example:
    "He can't run very fast any more, given that he's 90 years old."

WHY can't he run fast?
    BECAUSE he's very old.

The information after "given that" will always answer WHY for the stated condition that precedes it.