Need help with Korean pronunciation. How to pronounce these phrases correctly?

잎 있어요
잎안 (the inside of the leaf)

As far as I know, these phrases should be pronounced as [이핐어요] and [이판] respectively.

But according to Korean pronunciation guide I'm reading now, the actual pronunciation should be [이비써요] and [이반].
" ...the unreleased pronunciation is found at the end of a word even when the next word begins with a vowel. Thus the ㅍ that occurs at the end of the word "잎" is pronounced as if it were ㅂ in 잎 있어요 as well as in the two-word compound "잎안". On the other hand, the usual aspiration is retained where ㅍ occurs in front of a suffix that begins with a vowel"

So, is it a true? Actually, I was really surprised to see this kind of rule cuz I've never ever heard about it! ._.

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Quite frankly, if you ask native Korean speakers how they pronounce 잎안, 50% will say 이판 and the other 50% will say 이반. Or they'll just give you a blank stare like they have no clue. (like I did lol). I guess it''s sort of like the word "often" in English. The "standard" pronunciation is off-en but off-ten is also recognized and acceptable among native speakers.

Honestly, the three-way distinctions between ㅂ-ㅃ-ㅍ / ㄱ-ㄲ-ㅋ / ㄷ-ㄸ-ㅌ are so subtle that even many of often get confused. I remember in my middle school Korean class, the teacher kept telling us that "엿 볼 수 있다" was supposed to be pronounced '엿 볼 쑤 있다," but we all knew everyone pronounces it like "엿 뽈 쑤 있다" and it was funny watching her trying so hard not to turn her ㅂ into ㅃ.

That said, the first one 잎 있어요 is definitely 이비써요 because it's two separate words.