What's the difference between 너무나 and 무척?

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Rubby is right. Originally, 너무/너무나 is supposed to be a negative thing only. It's supposed to mean "excessively," or "too" in English.

이건 무척 커. This is very big.
    이건 너무 커. This is too big.

However, in reality, Korean people use "너무'' as a positive modifier all the time. It is simply wrong grammar, and we learn not to do this in Korean classes, but you'll still hear a lot of native speakers say things like:

걔 너무 좋아. (I like him/her so much)
    너무 재밌어. (This is so fun).

So in actuality, 너무나 and 무척 are just synonyms.
    (But in formal speech/writing use 너무나 only in situations where the English 'too' would be suitable.)

나는 음악을 너무나 좋아한다. (I love(like) music very much indeed.)
    나는 음악을 무척 좋아한다.

I can't really tell how much different they are. Both have much the same meaning, usually. But if I can find any examples showing difference between two, I will let you know later.

너무, 무척: means "very" in English. It can be used with adj & Verb to emphasize adj & Verb

When we wanna express “It is very interesting" in Korean, we can say "무척 재미있었어요", "너무 재미있었어요" so is there any difference here?

너무 is used to be written in negative conditions: "너무 피곤해요" in brief, 너무 has negative meaning when you emphasize your feelings.

In case of "너무 좋았어요" (I like so much ), supposed to be changed "무척 좋았어요" or "정말 좋았어요"

무척 can be used both negative & affirmative sentence, however, it will be more natural in case of affirmative stc.

"정말로 날 좋아하는 게 맞아?" "응, 널 무척 좋아해"