Confession

Why do people confess?!! As Muslim I really cant understand why christens do so..I'm not religion person so I dont care about the truth of faiths but that act sounds really strange to me.
can u tell me what's the benefit of such behavior?please

Additional Details:

And Please, there's no need to being worry Coz i'm not standing up for Islam..Its just a quistion

Additional Details:

Just a practice of learning English while hearing about culture of language that im trying to learn.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    confess--- mean that you have courage to tell truths whatever they are hard to tell,
    confess-- mean promise to self that not to commit that mistake again,
    confess-- that you realized that what you did was wrong,
    and confession not belongs to any religion, its a spiritual feeling beyond any religion, and for this you dont need words and dont need to go anywhere,

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9