I am cold

thanks for reading.
1 can I speak [I am cold] to express [I feel cold]?
2 can I speak [I am cold] to express [I have a cold]?
3 can I speak [I am cold] to express [my body is cold]?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    What is the difference between "I am cold" & "my body is cold"?

yes.
    no: I have a cold. I have caught a cold. I have come down with a cold.
    yes
    .
    Better to say
    Can I say "I am cold" to express "I feel cold"?
    "speak" is used differently.
    Hope it helps, Ming.

I am not a native English speaker, but I would say yes on all your questions :) If I am wrong correct me somebody :)

1 - yes
    2 - no (you need to say "I have a cold")
    3 - yes

Best wishes :)

The first is correct along with the third. However, "I am" means you are for sure you are and "I feel" means you are unsure if you are or aren't.

The second is different because "I am cold" is basically "My body is cold." and "I have a cold." means you are sick.

"A cold" is a sickness and when you have one it doesn't mean you're cold, it just means you're sick.

Hope this helps^^ Have a nice day!

1 and 3 are correct. With question two you run into the problem that cold has multiple meanings in english. I have a cold means that you are sick, and I am cold means that you are not warm.

1 can I SAY [I am cold] to express [I feel cold]? YES, 'I am cold' is more natural than 'I feel cold.'
    2 can I SAY [I am cold] to express [I have a cold]? NO, you must say 'I have a cold.'
    3 can I SAY [I am cold] to express [my body is cold]? YES but what is the difference between 'I feel cold' and 'my body is cold'?