How can I comprehend this meaning?

1: His judgment was relied upon in all matters of medical planning.
By the way, I have a question about the sentence:when traveling officially , he drew expenses in order to regularize his tax position. why did he draw the expense then can regularize tax position?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    1: His judgment was relied upon in all matters of medical planning.[ He was an expert in the medical field]
    The man claimed travelling expenses such as the hotel fee, food, and travel for his job then put them in to the taxation department which would reimburse him as those expenses were part of his job.

More open questions for learning English