Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

what‘s the difference between"würden" “möchten” und “brauchen”?

Welche ist der richtige Ausdruck bei “ I want to go shopping”. Ich würde mich gerne shoppen oder ich möchte shoppen oder ich brauche shoppen oder etwas anderes.

For learning: German
Base language: German

Answers

ich möchte shoppen/einkaufen

möchten = (want) in Englisch
    würden = (wish) in Englisch
    brauchen = (need) in Englisch

Hello Anna,
    the correct translation to "I want to go shopping' is Ich will einkaufen/shoppen gehen. Out of the three verbs you provided, the closest translation would be Ich möchte einkaufen/shoppen gehen - I would like to go shopping. I don't know which context you are using shopping in, so just a heads up - you can go einkaufen mainly for groceries, shoppen on the other hand is for going shopping for clothes, shopping in department stores.

Gruß,
    airabeth