"언제나 변함없는 그대 사랑에 난 해줄게 없네요."

I heard this line in a song and the second half is confusing to me.

I know that "아/어주다" means "do (verb) for someone."

I think "ㄹ게 없다" means something like "there is nothing to (verb)," but I'm not sure.

And what about "그대 사랑에"? Does that mean "in your love?"

The meaning I come up with for this line is:

"In your never-changing love I have nothing to do for you."

That sounds strange to me. The song is addressed to a lover who is far away and says how hard it is to be apart. Does the singer mean she is sad because she can't be there for him?

Thank you for any help!

For learning: Korean

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    "In your never-changing love I have nothing to do for you." may sound strange to you. What about "For your never-changing love, I have nothing to do (or give you)."? Tricky part is "그대 사랑에". Sometimes, "에" is "in" in English. Sometimes, "에" is "for", "to", or "against".

It may sound better to say "I have nothing to give you for your never-changing love". I am sure you know there is a big difference in sentence order between English and Korean.

Hope this can help you.