I'm going to take part in work&travel programme next summer. What could you recommend?

I'm a student from Russia and I really need your advice and useful tips.
Where I should go if my first aim is to improve my English and the second one is to earn some money for excursions, presents and tickets? (If USA - what state?)
Thanks for your answers!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    It would help to know what type of climate you prefer and whether you want to be near or in a big city. Parts of the US can be extremely hot and humid in the summer. I would recommend choosing a city with good public transportation so you don't have to worry about needing a car. Boston, Massachusetts or the surrounding area might be a good choice. Do you have a list a possibilities to choose from?

Australia is better than America,More fun.

You might want to consider taking a working holiday visa in Australia. The details can be found at http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday