Hva er forskjell mellom "Jeg synes..." og "Jeg tror..."?

Kan noen forklare meg hva er forskjell mellom "Jeg synes..." og "Jeg tror..."?

Mange takk!

For learning: Norwegian
Base language: Norwegian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Both ”Jeg synes” and ”Jeg tror” are translated to ”I think”. But they are not interchangeable.

”synes” is very subjective and is only used when expressing a personal meaning that has nothing to do with facts. ”tror” does also refer to the speaker’s thoughts, but it is used when the speaker is talking about facts.

”Jeg synes det er best å ta bussen” means ”I think it’s best to take the bus”. By saying this, you only tell the listener about your experiences with the possible transport means. There are probably many other ways to get there and some of the other ways might be faster or more comfortable than the bus, but in this case the speaker still prefers the bus. This sentence may also mean ”I prefer taking the bus” or ”I like to get there by bus”.

”Jeg tror det er best å ta bussen” does also mean ”I think it’s best to take the bus”. But in this case, you tell the listener that you think the bus is faster or more comfortable than the other transport means. You don’t tell the listener what you prefer, you only tell about what transport means you think would be the best for the person that is going to travel. If the person that is going to travel is the listener, this sentence might function as an advice for him to take the bus.

:)

both are nearly the same
    but "jeg synes" means that you don´t take a hard position of your opinion
    like: I believe this is true >> jeg synes det er sand
    or
    "jeg tror" is more like a fakt, your are sure that what you are believing is true
    i think this is true!!! >> jeg tror det er sand

both are nearly the same
    or

both are nearly the same
    or
    i think this is true !!! >> jeg tror det er sand

More open questions for learning Norwegian