Whether or not the following sentences are correct?

1.Ses parents habitent Venise.
( Can I add an “à” before Venise?)

2.Vous n'avez pas de monnaie?
Vous n'avez pas la monnaie?
(Situation: Fait les courses. Are they both correct?)

3.Connaissez-vous le mot “gentil”?
Savez-vous le mot “gentil”?
Je connais le nom du chanteur.
Je sais le nom du chanteur.
Connaissez-vous son adresse?
Je sais l'adresse de Philippe.

Merci d'advance! Answer in English would preferable because my French is still on an elementary level.

For learning: French

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    1. Yes, you can add à. In fact, it is probably more common to use à to mean "in" when referring to a city. So it is perfectly correct to say "Ses parents habitent à Venise".

2. The two sentences are correct, but mean different things:
    "Vous n'avez pas de monnaie ?" means "You don't have any change?" On the other hand,
    "Vous n'avez pas la monnaie ?" means "You don't have THE change?" (meaning that you are referring to a particular set of change, perhaps the coins that you had just handed to the person spoken to a few minutes before)

3. For all of these pairs of sentences, it is better to use connaître rather than savoir.
    That is, it is better to say "connaissez-vous le mot 'gentil'?" "Je connais le nom du chanteur", and "je connais son adresse". If you want to use savoir, then it is better to says "savez-vous ce que veut dire le mot 'gentil'", "je sais comment s'appelle le chanteur", and "je sais où il habite". The reason is that savoir is used to say that you know a fact.

I hope this was helpful.

1.Ses parents habitent Venise. This one is wrong if you are trying to say "My" Ses should be "Mes" As for the "à” , don't add it because it means "to" this sentence says "My parents live in Venice" If you added “à” then it would say "My parents live in to Venice" which would be wrong.
    2.Vous n'avez pas de monnaie? and Vous n'avez pas la monnaie? are both pretty much the same but I would use Vous n'avez pas de monnaie? because adding the la (the) doesn't sound good to me.
    3.Connaissez-vous le mot “gentil”?
    Savez-vous le mot “gentil”? Are you asking which to use? Savez-vous and Connaissez-vous both mean "do you know?"
    Je connais le nom du chanteur.
    Je sais le nom du chanteur. Both of these also mean "I know the singer's name."
    Connaissez-vous son adresse?
    Je sais l'adresse de Philippe. It means Do you know the address?
    I know the address of Philippe.
    Vous êtes les bienvenus! (You're welcome!) I hope I helped you but I didn't understand all of your questions..but I answered in English for you hahaha :D