Question about 自分

Could in the following sentence 自分 mean like 私 ?
「澪が自分以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ないって」

澪が私以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ないって ← Like this ?
Thanks for help!

Additional Details:

I'm a bit of confused with translation here "It's impossible for Mio to love somebody except herself" or could it be something like "It's impossible for Mio to love somebody except me" ? I can't grasp the meaning of 自分 here.

Additional Details:

Added some context 悠馬:今の澪が誰かを好きになったりはしないって 鈴:何それ。オカシナことを言うね君は。”澪ちゃんは誰も好きにならない”。どこからそんあ根拠が湧いてきちゃうの? After nearly 20 sentences later... 悠馬:どうしているよな俺は 本当に俺は鈴さんの言葉に焦りを感じていたりするのだろうか。(悠馬の思い) 悠馬:馬鹿な。そんなこと、ないって。 真紅:澪が私以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ないって? - I think 真紅 is quoting 悠馬's words. 悠馬:・・・・・・真紅までそんあ意地悪なこと言わないでほしいんだけど

For learning: Japanese

Answers

OOPT

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    真紅:澪が自分以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ないって?

Given the additional context, in my best assumption, this 自分 means 悠馬. 真紅 is quoting 悠馬's unspoken mind with a little bit mean(意地悪な)interpretation.「って」marks quotation or interpretation.

"澪が自分(=悠馬)以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ない" と、あなた(悠馬)は思っているの?You think that it's impossible for Mio to love somebody but yourself(悠馬)?

The reason you do not use "watashi" in the sentence above is that someone else (i.e., not Mio) is describing Mio's feelings. If Mio were saying these words herself, she could say "私(自身)以外の誰かを好きになるなんて、あり得ない". By the way, this is the same in English. If "Pikachu" were saying these words about Mio, he would say "I find it hard to believe that Mio would fall in love with anyone but her(SELF)." However, if Mio were saying this herself, she would say "I find it hard to believe that I would love in love with anyone but MYself."

In the above sentence, if you use "watashi" instead of "jibun" then the translation would be "I find it hard to believe that Mio would love in anyone but ME," where "ME" refers to the speaker, not Mio.

「澪が自分以外.... umm
    If I were familiar with that character of the story, I could answer more easily.. Depends on the context.

If the speaker and 澪 are a couple and a man, it's natural that the speaker believe she loves only him. In that case, the speaker could say 澪が俺以外の誰かを好きになるなんて…

If the speaker is a friend of 澪, whether the person is a woman or man,
    the speaker can believe it's impossible for 澪 to fall in love with any guys now.

The exception:
    澪 refers to herself as 澪. (this type of woman exists in Japan. Rare though..)
    but this also means it's impossible for 澪 to love anyone else but herself.

Depends on the context.
    Even assuming the speaker is somebody other than Mio, 自分 here could refer to either the speaker herself or Mio and there is no way to know which without further context. To make things even more complicated, it could even be interpreted as referring to the listener in some dialects (if given the right context).

I know all this sounds mighty confusing but it almost never causes confusion in real life, because there is always something called kontekusuto.

I agree with James.
    It can be either the speaker, Mio, or the person being spoken to.
    I suggest you provide more context.