Really is it on past?

I saw this frase on a song "They got nothing on you ", and I think this structure is on past tense because it has "got". But the traslation to spanish in this way is present, so I don't understand why. With this expresion I understand that they dont have something that you have, and for me this should be "They get nothing on you"

Could somebody tell me why to use "got" and if really this frase is on past tense?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    "They got nothing on you" means "they've got...", meaning "they have". It makes perfect sense to native speakers, but you really shouldn't look for pristine grammar in pop.

Perhaps it means "they _have_ got nothing on you but "have" has been lost for the poetic effect?