does "sloping back of the car the "back seat" or the "the car trunk""

in terror she begins to scream, too; and they are overwhelmed by matter, saturated in Kennedy's bright blood; and one fragment, larger than the rest, rises over the President's falling shoulders and seems to hang there and then drift toward the rear, and Jackie springs up on her stained knees, facing toward the sidewalk, crying out, "My God, what are they doing? My God, they've killed Jack, they've killed my husband, Jack, Jack!" she cries and sprawls on the sloping back of the car, defeated, tumbling down toward the street and Halfback's approaching wheels and Kinney knows he cannot stop.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    The "sloping back of the car" is the trunk of the car, the part behind the back seat. After JFK had been shot, she climbed out of the back seat onto the trunk of the car, trying to get help from the Secret Service.

More resolved questions for learning English