「将来」と「未来」のちがいは何ですか。

Both means "future". What are the main differences? Please explain in English and please give some example sentences if possible.

ありがとうございます。 ^_^

For learning: Japanese
Base language: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    将来 = Near future
    これを将来使えるように取っておこう (I'll keep this for future use)

未来 = Future (usually distant)
    彼の未来はばら色だ。 (Has a bright future)

These descriptions are based on what I found in dictionaries. What I think is that "Mirai" represents "future" in a much more broader and abstract sense while "shourai" is a point of time in the near future that can be easily realized.

I posted this on comment... and I don't know how to delete it..
    I should have put here.

将来 "SYOURAI ”
    is used When describe some situation realistically, like something you have a possibility or you can imagine.

未来 "MIRAI"
    is mostly used to describe about future tense.

EX:
    I want to get merry with someone who is like my father in the SYOURAI!(将来)
    I am so excited to meet my MIRAI husband!(未来)
    I want to be a astronaut in the SYOURAI.(将来)
    Time machine can travel to the MIRAI. (未来)

I hope you could understand these difference ;)
    ありがとー!

Both of them have a certain meaning in common. it is regarding not the present but the future. 未来 has a widely meaning compare to 将来, on the other hand 将来 is closer to the present than 未来.

未来 is a word to express an image of objective time toward the present and the past. 将来 is a word more like subjective point of view and to express what has been coming next to a specific thing or person.

ex: わたしは未来からきました。(I come from the future)
    is not weird, but
    わたしは将来からきました。sounds weird.
    It's because "未来からきました" is not just happening on your time zone, but it occures the widely objective time zone.

わたしは将来 やきゅうせんしゅに なりたいです。(I'd like to be a baseball player in the future)
    That example is more likely to be, talking about smaller subjective time zone. So in this case, you cannot say "未来".

This is a very good question and sooo difficult to explain the different nuance!