How do you say "she/he is happy" & "they are happy" in Spanish?

For learning: Spanish

Answers

For he/she is happy you would say "(El/Ella) està contento(a), depending if it's a male or a female the person you're talking about. I put El/Ella in parenthesis because you don't always use the definite article to make phrases, specially if you just mentioned the subject before, for example: "Hoy hablé con mi amiga Ana, està muy contenta".

For plural: "(Ellos/Ellas) estan contentos(as)".

Hola,

He is happy; El es feliz / El está feliz

She is happy; Ella es feliz / Ella está feliz

They are happy; Ellos están felices / Ellas están felices or Ellos son felices / Ellas son felices.

To be= ser, estar en español.

Puedes usar el verbo SER y el verbo ESTAR. (Depende del contexto).

Saludos!

Hola Toby,

She is happy would be : "ella esta feliz" o "ella es feliz"

He is happy would be : "el esta feliz" o "el es feliz"

They(women) are happy: "ellas estan felices" o "ellas son felices"

They (men) are happy: "ellos estan felices" o "ellos son felices"

My name is Uri Quintal. I am an ESL and Spanish teacher graduated from the Arizona State University in Phoenix, Az. I offer some basic lessons for non-native Spanish speakers in order to help students not only to speak another language but to think and dream in another language for a very cheap price. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested. Have a nice day! :)