is it possible to omit prepositons using with verbs in conversations in turkish?

for exp : I have gone to Istanbul
we have to say "Ben istanbul'a gelmişim" or ben istanbul gelmişim

For learning: Turkish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    In Turkish "the past tense with miş" is used for past actions that you didn't realize happened
    "Ben İstanbul'a gelmişim" does make sense like you have come to Istanbul however you didn't know that.

Example: Uyuyordum, bir ses işittim ve uyandım. İstanbul'a gelmişim.
    (I was sleeping, i heard a sound and woke up. (I have realized that) I came to Istanbul.

If you want to say "I came to Istanbul" (you did know that) you have to say "Ben İstanbul'a geldim." (you did this intentionally)

Speaking about prepositions, you cannot omit them. In case you didn't use them it will put the noun into the normative case (The word becomes the subject).

"Ben (subject) İstanbul (another subject?) geldim." (Wrong)

There are some special cases that you don't have to use any prepositions.

An example for these special cases:
    Türkçe öğreniyorum (Correct)
    Türkçeyi öğreniyorum (Wrong)

Usual usage:
    Arapça yazmak öğreniyorum (Wrong)
    Arapça yazmayı öğreniyorum (Correct)

You cant!
    If you will omit prepositions, the sentence can still be understood (in many occasions) but it will be grammatically wrong.

Let's look at your example. In English, we say "I have gone to Istanbul", right? Can we say "I have gone Istanbul"? In other cases, what would happen to meaning if we will omit "of", "for" etc?

Prepositions change with respect to the verb. Therefore we should learn them.

But you can omit the subject. You can say "İstanbul"a gelmişim" by omitting "ben" because "gelmişim" already indicates that the person who is performing the action is first person singular. Are you familiar with Spanish? This is the case here. We conjugate the verbs according to one of 6 cases and then we can remove the subject.

You can not use it without prepositions. It doesn't make any sense without a preposition. You went, but where?You did, but what?

A short correction about -miş:
    Turkish have two kinds of past tense: one is with -di suffix and the other is with -miş. You can use -di with the events you saw, witnessed. You can use -miş with the events you didn't witness.
    We use -miş like Past perfect tense in English. In this sentence, it is okay to use it : maybe you were kidnapped and didn't witness that you went to Istanbul.

We often use this with events we heard, a story.

More open questions for learning Turkish