How does one know whether to use the "Verb-Subject" structure or the "Subject-Verb" structure?

For example:
"Idag ska vi titta på naturen.
I saw this sentence in something I was reading, and I've seen the "Verb-Subject" form used by native speakers as well. However, I thought this form was only used when asking a question. Can someone explain when it's appropriate to use subject then verb (ex: Jag se en hund) vs. verb then subject (ex: Se jag en hund). Tack!

For learning: Swedish

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Nota bene: "Jag ser en hund" and "Ser jag en hund?"

Adverbs modifying the first verb in the sentence, such as "idag", is placed before it. Read this carefully [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_grammar#Syntax].

A TL;DR-answer to the issue of 'why isn't it a question when a adverb(s)[some categories of]+verb is first in the sentence?' is: Questions doesn't have any adverbs placed before the verb.