일요일까지

I know Korean is all about context, so I wonder if the meanings of 일요일까지 in the following are obvious.

I am studying every night until Sunday.
일요일까지 밤마다 공부하고 있어요.
(I will STOP studying on 다음 일요일)

I can't study until Sunday.
일요일까지 못 공부해요.
(I will START studying on 다음 일요일 - probably because I have other plans)

I was studying every night until Sunday.
일요일까지 밤마다 공부하고 있었어요.
(it's obvious from the past tense that 일요일까지 means I stopped studying on 지난 일요일)

Do I have that right?
Would it be better to use 다음 and 지난 to make it more clear?

감사합니다!

For learning: Korean

Answers

If you put '다음' then it means you will stop next week right? But if you're saying that and will stop at this week's sunday then maybe you won't need to use 다음 anymore.

And if you use 지난 일요일 then 까지 won't be used anymore since it wouldn't make sense if you put 지난 일요일까지~ it's going to become 지난 일요일부터 (since last week)

Haha I like answering your questions :P
    일요일까지 밤마다 공부하고 있어요.
    (I will STOP studying on 다음 일요일) >then, you should make it more specified info. that you'll not study next Sunday since 일요일까지 밤마다 공부하고 있어요 doesn't imply any info. of stoping studying next week :)

I can't study until Sunday.
    일요일까지 못 공부해요.
    (I will START studying on 다음 일요일 - probably because I have other plans)> then, you won't say that above to give a meaning of the parentheses since it doesn't either give any of resuming study next Sun.

일요일까지 밤마다 공부하고 있었어요.
    (it's obvious from the past tense that 일요일까지 means I stopped studying on 지난 일요일)> Since you didn't specify of 일요일, it could mean recently you've been studying till this Sun, or Sun in the past tihat you'd been studying. Depending on the context, it's understood differently, but , this sentence above doesn't either give any info. of that you stopped studying on last Sun.

Would it be better to use 다음 and 지난 to make it more clear? Yes :)

More resolved questions for learning Korean