How would you explain this sentence?

I’d eat a half-cooked meal and drink enough of the window-chilled beers to fall asleep. I often wondered what someone would see if they looked up from the river as it cut its habitual curve through the little valley, my arm above it, skinny and white, reaching through a yellowed curtain, a disembodied hand pulling in, from time to time, one last, yes just one last, beer before sleep.

How would you explain the second sentence: I often wondered what someone would see if they looked up from the river as it cut its habitual curve through the little valley, my arm above it, skinny and white, reaching through a yellowed curtain, a disembodied hand pulling in, from time to time, one last, yes just one last, beer before sleep?
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    The writer is saying that they were wondering what a person looking at them (from the river) would see.
    The writer has just described getting a beer from (what I assume is) outside the window. The person on the river would see an arm reaching out the window, and grabbing a beer. He describes the (his) arm, which appears to have no body, as it reaches out, and grabs successive beers.