「あたたかい」と「あったかい」の質問

I got an email from italki saying I was out of action for some time. Anyway, here's my question for a long time.
Was watching drama 絶対彼氏 and came across 2 familiar words - あったかい and こないだ.

I realize they have the same meaning as あたたかい and このあいだ respectively.
And they differ only by one character. Are they used in speaking only for ease of pronouncing?

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    あったかい and こないだ is a casual way of speaking as in other people already explained that is easier to pronounce.
    あたたかい and このあいだ is standard and polite way of speaking especially we use them as a formal written language.

We often change or skip the word for making it shorter and easire to say in oral conversation. It's the same with any other foreign languages.

「あたたかい」is the original and formal form but 「あったかい」is easier to pronounce. こないだ is pronounced in the place of このあいだ for the same reason, so your guess is right.

It's similar to the difference between すみません and すいません.
    すみません, which is harder to pronounce, is the original and formal one but you will hear Japanese people say すいません a lot.

Yes.
    It's like "want to" → "wanna" in English. We often omit or modify words since it's easier to pronounce.
    It's usually used in casual situation, not in official.