How would you explain “loop” in the context?

A car pulled up, a Mercury, I think, gray in color. A man stepped out. The small silver bars on his shoulders reflecting off an unknown light as he closed the door.
As I think about it now, all the times I think of the unceasing footfalls, the endless loop in which I watch him walking up the street, it seems as though I should have asked the snow to stop, for one reprieve, to not have to face another next. But even in my mind the fire of time still burns, just the same as it did then.

How would you explain “loop” in “the endless loop in which I watch him walking up the street” in the second passage?
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    He means that he thinks about that moment repeatedly, like a endless loop of film playing again and again in his mind.