How would you explain “remembered” and “memory” in the context?

It happened so easily when the day came. Something turned. The note was called in. I remember the white sky and fog above the James, snow, unbelievably early for Virginia, beginning to fall over the hotels and abandoned tobacco warehouses, each flake a repetition of the one before as they descended through the veil of just how little I remembered, and my memory narrowing, the snow falling unmercifully as it spread over the river, the sky now white forever and unbroken and low.

How would you explain “as they descended through the veil of just how little I remembered, and my memory narrowing…”? I think the memory mentioned referred to the memory before the snow, because the writer uses past participle “remembered” here. Am I right?
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Hard to answer this question without knowing more of the context. "[T]he veil of just how little I remembered" seems to refer to the speaker's memory of the place where he/she is now standing, that memory may include past snowfalls. If so, then "my memory narrowing" refers to a tightening focus of attention on the snow, just the snow, past memories mixed with the present experience.