Come together, right now, over me!

I have been studying English for many years, and yet I am completely stumped by the refrain of the Beatles' song Come together".

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    I have lived all my life as an English speaker, and I am also stumped by the lyrics by Lennon. I have just noticed the pattern that Lennon's songs sound good musically, but they are not about lyrics. I am not sure what Lennon was doing with lyrics, or if he was trying to do anything-- but whatever it was it was not about straightforward communication. If you want understandable lyrics, then look for songs by McCartney or Harrison. I think Lennon may have been trying to use lyrics as some sort of percussion with disconnected ideas flying around. (Don't take that too seriously).