Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

What does "rail back and kick it" mean in the extract below?

GILBERT HOUSE
JENNA: I picked up dinner. Tacos. I had an urge for guacamole.
JEREMY: No, I'm good, thanks.
JENNA: Eat anyway. It's a ruse. I want to talk.
[Jeremy starts to leave.]
JENNA: Hey, you! Come. Sit. Back in school, freshman year, I could eat my weight in nachos, with extra cheese. It was my munchie food whenever I got stoned.
JEREMY: You get high?
JENNA: Did. Past tense. But, yeah. Loved it. Anything to get a little distraction from life. . .reality. And it worked. For a while. Never lasts, though. Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't love to rail back and kick it, but with a thesis looming and a waistline expanding. . .
[Jeremy gets up and leaves when Jenna isn't looking. Jenna notices and she sighs.]

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    In this context, I would say "rail back and kick it" means "sit back and relax" (and probably smoke some pot).