How to start learning Korean?

How to start learning Korean? From my limited experience, it seems that Korean's writing system is the pronunciation system right? So to start learning Korean, do I start from the alphabet and then build words from there?

For learning: Korean

You can start learning some survival phrases from the korean 101 web site. I think the first 10 lessons or so are free. To learn to read and write korean I recommend "Declan's ReadWrite Korean Software". I think is very good but it's not free (around $16). Otherwise there are tons of videos on You Tube teaching the korean alphabet (check Busy Atom). Anyway learning to write and read korean is really useful. If you want to learn grammar and vocabulary check the Talk To Me In Korean website. They have free PDF and audio files. Good luck in journey.

Yes. You're right. You should start by being able to read the characters. (I started by learning the characters) By reading, Eventually you'll learn how they put the characters together to make a syllable. It'll be really hard to learn korean if you don't know how to read. If you already know how to read, go to Talk To Me In Korean. (I recommend that site!)

start here at level 1:

Knowing Hangul first will greatly improve your pronunciation and you will be able to read anything even if you don't know what it means yet!!! :D Common every day phrases and introduction words are good to learn, and nouns and verbs will give you good context clues even if you don't know grammar yet.