"There's a third dimension to it. " Puzzled about the meaning of "dimension" here.

A passage tells there are two things we do which would increase our odds to become the target of crime. Then, a criminologist says there's a third dimension to it.
By the context, I think it might mean "situation". Yet I couldn't find such meaning from my dictionary. I guess I'd better ask for help. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    You're really close. It means that there is another aspect in regard to this thing, another thing to consider.

Kala is right. Normally, when this phrase is used, it means that there is something a little bit surprising about the "third dimension" too. It would be a little bit different aspect, compared to the other "dimensions"